Congratulations! If you are visiting this page, you are close to completing your master's degree with SUNY Buffalo State. We hope you enjoyed your courses with our program and look forward to you joining our program alumni around the globe. Please contact Cathy Beecroft email@example.com, Graduation Coordinator, with questions regarding graduation and diplomas.
1. Completion of an Application for Graduation, submitted to International Graduate Programs for Educators one semester prior to the anticipated graduation date. Students must apply for graduation by the deadline or the application for graduation will be processed for the following semester’s graduation.
*Students must use the same name on their graduation application that was used on their admissions applicaiton, this is considered the student's formal name and the only name that will be recognized in the SUNY Buffalo State system. If a student has a name change after the submission of their initial application for acceptance into the program, please notify our office prior to having them submit the graduation application.
2. Completion of 30 graduate-level credits. All coursework must be completed and final grades awarded by May 1st for spring semester graduation, August 1st for summer semester graduation and December 1st for fall semester graduation. Courses completed and graded after those dates will be posted in the following semester. The students will then need to reapply and the degree will be granted at the end of that semester.
3.Therefore, a student who takes a course with final assignments that will be graded after May 1st will graduate in August. A student can request a Letter of Completion stating that all requirements for the degree have been met, once all grades have been received in our office.
4. Receipt of official transcript(s) of approved transfer credit as listed on the candidacy form. Transfer credit must meet all requirements as defined under Transfer Credit.
5. Approved Application for Degree Candidacy and completion of all required coursework exactly as specified on the Application for Degree Candidacy and Request for Change in Approved Degree Candidacy (if required).
6. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) in all graduate coursework.
7. Completion of all coursework and degree requirements within the six-year period immediately preceding the date of graduation.
8. Completion of a minimum of 15 credits of 600 or 700 level coursework.
9. After a preliminary review, the staff of the Graduate School will review your academic file to determine if you have met all requirements. Courses with a grade of I (incomplete) must be completed and appropriate grades submitted.
10. All financial obligations to the college must be met.
In accordance with established deadlines, students who do not meet the requirements for graduation by the semester for which they applied must submit a new application for graduation for the semester in which the requirements will be completed.
The Master of Science diploma will be sent to the host school using traceable mail at no cost. If a student would like to have the documents sent to an alternative address, a payment of U.S. $25.00 must be sent with the Application for Graduation. Further information regarding that process can be provided by directing students to Cathy Beecroft firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents are sent approximately 8 weeks after the end of the semester of the graduation date, which allows for graduation audits and processing and printing of Official Diplomas. A student can send a request to Cathy Beecroft, Graduation Coordinator, for a Letter of Completion once all grades have been received and recorded in our office. A Letter of Completion states that all requirements for the degree have been met.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.