1. Completion of a minimum of 30 credit hours, comprising at least 15 hours of 600- and 700-level courses, including the master’s project.
2. A maximum of 15 credit hours may be taken in a discipline that offers a master’s degree when the student does a master’s project (3 credits).
3. A maximum of 18 credit hours may be taken in a discipline that does not offer a master’s degree and for the EDU prefix.
4. A maximum of 15 credit hours may be taken at another accredited institution. This coursework must conform to the limitations stated in 2 and 3 (above) and must have the prior approval of the principal advisor.
5. Only grades of B or better will be accepted as transfer credit. An official transcript showing transfer credit must be submitted to the Graduate School.
6. Coursework (including transfer credit) must be completed within the six-year period immediately preceding the date of completion of the program.
7. A maximum of 6 credit hours of workshop (594) and/or conference (596) may be included in the program.
8. Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
9. Master of Science candidates must complete a) a research methods course and b) a supervised project approved by the principal advisor. Individual principal advisors may impose further requirements on candidates based on practices and policies of their home department (second reader or oral defense, for example). These must be specified in writing at the outset of the degree program.
10. An Application for Degree Candidacy, approved by the student’s principal advisor must be submitted to the Graduate School before the completion of 12 credit hours at Buffalo State.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.